Central Pattana drives the Rainbow Economy by planting a rainbow flag for Pride Month, joining forces with partners to organize THAILAND’S PRIDE CELEBRATION 2023 under the concept of “PRIDE FOR ALL” to create a world-class landmark that everyone must visit. Awakening the economy and tourism in the 2nd quarter, pushing Pride Thailand to be the top of Pride destination of LGBTQIAN + people around the world, organized from June 1-30, 2023 at Central Department Stores across the country.
Chatchart Sittipunt, Governor of Bangkok presided over the event of THAILAND’S PRIDE CELEBRATION 2023 together with Chanawat Auawatanasakul Executive Vice President Business and Project Development Division, Dr. Nattakit Tangpoonsinthana Executive Vice President Marketing Division, Central Pattana Plc. (CPN), Mr. Reno Mayer, representative of the United Nations Development Programme. Thailand UNDP, Metinee Kingpayom, CEO of Muse by Metinee, Chumaphon Tangkliang, founder of Bangkok Pride, Pirapat Sriwattanawong, beauty business director Thailand and ASEAN countries, Galderma (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Prapassorn Kanchanasutra, an artist who believes in human equality.
Dr. Nattakit said that Central Pattana Ready to be the spearhead in joining forces with partners from all sectors To jointly push Thailand’s Pride Month celebration to become the Top of Pride Destination for people around the world and elevate it to become the first nation to host the World Pride 2028 in Asia according to their shared goals. To help stimulate the country’s economy in the second quarter and attract tourists around the world by highlighting 3 important concepts, which are
1.Create a global impact, raise the level of Pride Thailand Become a global destination with great partnership Joining Forces with Global Partners and leading partners in the public-private sector Organize grand Pride festival celebrations through Central Department Stores across the country, Global Destinations highlighting Thailand as one of the landmarks of celebrations that the world wants to visit, compared to NYC Pride New York, EuroPride 2019 & Pride Week Vienna, Austria. , Tokyo Rainbow Pride Japan and Taiwan LGBT Pride because Thailand is a suitable destination, openness and acceptance of diversity and creating Global awareness, creating trends through Tourist Platforms around the world like we have achieved from Countdown event and Songkran Festival
2. Catch the rainbow economy trend. The rainbow economy is hot – high purchasing power
Responding to the policy of “good economy” of Bangkok Aiming to shape the creative economy Stimulate the country’s economy Elevate Thailand’s Pride as a destination for tourists around the world.
Capture 2 target groups: 1) LGBTQIAN+ group with high purchasing power, an important market in the Genderless era, is a group that has a higher proportion of spending on goods and traveling than the general group. Most of them are high-level executives with good incomes, good taste, generating huge amounts of money in many industries such as travel, movies, music, entertainment, including the medical industry. According to the data, there are currently 486 million LGBTQIAN+ people around the world, 288 million in Asia. people and 4 million Thai people with an average income of 50,000-85,000 per person and 2) Gen Z who are open to support equality Give importance to brand value
Global & Local famous brands produce collectible items during Pride Month such as Foodie: Daisen with rainbow sushi menu, Guss Damn Good ice cream special for Pride. (Central World and Central Ladprao), fashion line: Meet the wow Pride collection items from Adidas, Calvin Klein, Casetify, CPS CHAPS, Guess, Nike, Comma and multi-brand concept stores. The newest at Central World including LEGO and many other brands.
3. Raise PRIDE highlights to meet every GEN’s needs at Central Department Stores nationwide. Create a nationwide PRIDE phenomenon throughout June 2023, making Central Department Stores a trendsetter in every province. with many special highlights such as
• The Biggest Pride Parade waving rainbow flags in 8 branches nationwide such as Central World, organizing 2 big events: Pride Fashion Parade from Muse by Metinee by Lukkade Metinee Kingpayom and more than 500 famous artists and students. and Narumit Pride The most spectacular rainbow flag parade in Thailand, over 144.8 meters, a declaration of diversity and equality. reach Ratchaprasong intersection with hundreds of thousands of people joining the great parade
Special show, mini concert Celebration of gender diversity by provincial governors, lieutenant colonels, ambassadors, government agencies and representatives from the LGBTQIAN+ community, with Central World being the highlight of the last destination, celebrating together as World’s Best Festive Destination, Central Pattaya and Central Marina, organizing the Pattaya International Pride Festival 2023 Pride Parade along Pattaya Beach, Central Phuket Pride For All, the first and largest Pride Parade in the South With a fashion show in collaboration with Simon Cabaret and many other branches, namely Central Khon Kaen, Ubon, Udon and Samui.
• Pride Happening For example, Pride Talk in collaboration with UNDP and the Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand, listening to talks from prominent LGBTQIAN+ people in the industry. Inspire at Central World, Pattaya, Phuket, Udon, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Pride Competition, watch the Miss International Queen national costume contest at Central World, Pride Market such as centralwOrld in collaboration with SpicyDisc and Tinder, the popular dating app. The best in the world presents “MADE WITH PRIDE Single Market” June 1-4, 2023, etc., and Pride Concerts from famous artists at Central World, Central Pattaya, Phuket, Ubon, Chonburi.
• Pride Vibes Watch installation art from famous artist Toei Yi-Prapatsorn, owner of Seat the Pride, celebrating equality for 2 full months at Central World (June – July 2023) and Central Chonburi in the concept of “Mirror Mirror: Reflect Yourself” and can’t miss it. Rainbow Pride Photo landmark check-in points at Central Department Stores nationwide.
Special activities from Galderma (Thailand), the world’s largest beauty innovation leader This year there are special events. That will allow those who are interested to show their own “This is my look”. The lucky winner will receive a beauty package worth more than 1 million baht from 5 leading beauty clinics V Square Clinic, Nitipon Clinic, The Klinique, SLC Clinic, KKC Clinic can participate in activities on Facebook page, TikTok “Central Pattana” and watch parades at Central World, Central Pattaya, Marina, Phuket, Ubon, and Udon. I want everyone to feel confident. And believe in yourself that you can look good and charming. Regardless of gender or race, be truly yourself. in every situation, which increases the happiness and satisfaction of being independent.
Tags: CPN teams allies Pride Thailand Top Pride Destination LGBTQIAN people world-