Starting today (20 Nov.), the State Railway of Thailand opens a system for booking train tickets 90 days in advance, piloting 8 trains on both the northern, northeastern and southern lines.
According to Mr. Suraphong Piyachote, Deputy Minister of Transport Provide policies to the railways Accelerate the increase in service efficiency To facilitate travel for the public, the Railway Authority has recently extended the time for booking tickets in advance from the original 30 days, increasing to a maximum of 90 days, starting with a pilot of 8 train sets of 115 cars on the most popular routes. Both northern lines Northeastern Line and Southern Line from 20 Nov. ’23 with details as follows.
Northern line, 2 trains
- Travel to: Special Express Train No. 9, Bangkok Apiwat Central Station – Chiang Mai Station
- Return trip: Special Express Train No. 10, Chiang Mai Station – Bangkok Apiwat Central Station.
Northeastern Line, 4 trains
- Travel to: Special Express Train No. 23, Bangkok Central Station – Ubon Ratchathani Station.
- Return trip: Special Express Train 24, Ubon Ratchathani Station – Bangkok Apiwat Central Station.
- Travel to: Special Express Train No. 25, Bangkok Central Station – Nong Khai Station.
- Return trip: Special Express Train 26, Nong Khai Station – Bangkok Apiwat Central Station.
Southern line, 2 trains
- Travel to: Special Express Train No. 31, Bangkok Central Station – Hat Yai Station.
- Return trip: Special Express Train No. 32, Hat Yai Station – Bangkok Apiwat Central Station.
Ways to buy train tickets Can be purchased through 3 channels:
- D-Ticket : https://www.dticket.railway.co.th
- Ticket counters at every train station nationwide.
- State Railway of Thailand Call Center : 1690
Passengers can check their status, location, and estimated time of arrival at their destination from the TTS (Train Tracking System) system: https://ttsview.railway.co.th
How to buy train tickets in advance
1. Must apply for membership or log in. Before every time you reserve a ticket
2. When entering the website page Below the website menu There will be channels to choose from. “Search for car trips”
3. Select the train line you want to travel on. For example, if you want to travel to Chiang Mai, choose the Northern Line.
4. Select ticket booking that it will be just one leg or travel back and forth
5. Select the departure station where you want to travel. and destination station
6. Select the date you want to travel.
7. Specify the number of passengers.
8. Press “Search” which the system will take you to the train list page. Select the time and train you want.
9. Choose the time you want and it is convenient for you to travel. Or if you want to change the travel date or change the origin and destination, click on the button. Change your search to enter information again
10. When you have made your choice The system will take you to the page “Choose a passenger van” which includes fans, air-conditioned cabins, and sleeping cabins.
11. Specify passenger information, member ID (if any).
12. When you have entered all the information, click the Select Seat button. The system will calculate the fare in detail. This is shown in the black bar below. To view price details, click on the button. Booking details to see price details again.
13. After specifying the seat The system will take you to a summary page of booking details to check for accuracy again before booking. If you want to edit information Click on the Back button if you want to continue with the transaction. Choose a convenient payment method, then press “Pay”.
14. The system will be redirected to the screen for payment in the selected form.
- If paying via credit or debit card, the system will issue a ticket and send it to you via email.
- If you choose to pay at the train station Payment can be made at the station ticket counter. The system will issue a ticket booking number. to bring this booking number to pay again Once payment has been made, a ticket will be issued and resent via email.