ThaiHealth joins forces with partners in Nan province, opens a forum to exchange knowledge “You’re welcome. Gathering Palang Sansuk”, highlighting success in 2 areas, creating “healthy sound media” through more than 66 radio stations, as well as developing media literacy novices. Preparing to expand the results to schools covering the province.
On May 25, 2023, the office of Sound Sai Radio FM 100.75 MHz, Tha Wang Pha Subdistrict, Tha Wang Pha District, Nan Province, the 8th Plan Administrative Committee, Office of the Health Promotion Foundation (Thai Health Promotion Foundation) was ready. With the executives of the Thai Health Promotion Foundation and the media visiting the area to exchange learning and visit “You’re welcome. Gather power to create happiness” 2 areas with concrete results Under the support of the Thai Health Promotion Foundation by Dr. Jiraporn Wittayasakphan Chairman of the Board of Directors Plan 8 SSS. He said that ThaiHealth aims to develop citizens in terms of Media Information Digital Literacy (MIDL) and Health Literacy skills to reduce inequality in accessing well-being knowledge and increase opportunities. in learning media skills To develop into a change leader Inspire inspiration and attitudes to change towards healthy behaviors.
Dr. Jiraporn He continued that Nan Province was one of the 36 pilot areas from all regions. which operates the youth media literacy project For “Nan novices project to design a city for everyone” is a project undertaken by a group of 180 novices who use their media skills. to create a healthy society through the process of developing accessibility skills Understand and think analytically, creatively, and use digital technology in a self-aware, socially and media-aware manner. The process begins with a community survey. to understand the problems and costs find a solution and designing activities and communications using the cultural media of the community to communicate Leading to the role of being a well-being communicator who is up-to-date with the media who understand and appreciate the diversity of identities in the community
“Going to the area to exchange, learn, visit “You’re welcome. Join forces to create happiness” this time is considered to reinforce the strength of network partners in Nan Province, which reflects the achievements of the work in a concrete way. Create opportunities and alternatives for people in the community to access media and knowledge that are safe, creative, and help reduce disparity in accessing health information and knowledge in a sustainable manner.” Dr. Jiraporn said
Mrs. Piyachat Poolsap, who is responsible for the voice reporter project to create strong Thai people, SorSor Sor, one of the well-being voice reporters at Sound Sai Radio FM 100.75 MHz, Nan province. Said that the audio media network creates a heart-fluttering Thai people. Well-being sound media has been produced and disseminated through 66 radio stations covering 10 provinces across all regions. From information on health problems in the community A survey by a well-being voice reporter creates heart-fluttering Thai people in 2022. People in Nan province are at risk of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) up to 50%, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Fake news is shared Forward exaggerated advertisements for health products Causing damage to both life and property, making the communication design of the well-being speaker focus on 5 main issues
- Promote non-communicable disease risk groups be aware of exercise
- Reduce the behavior of eating sweet, oily, salty.
- All ages should have adequate physical activity.
- media literate
- Dangers of PM 2.5 dust
This started in 3 areas: Tha Wang Pha Subdistrict, Pa Kha Subdistrict and Chom Phra Subdistrict, with activities to educate about non-communicable diseases. fitness dance activities media awareness activities to reduce fake news painting contest To lead to the elevation of 110 health-sounding media professionals to become leaders of community health promotion. Then, the 8th Plan Administrative Committee. “Nan novices join hands in designing a city for everyone” at Wat Nong Bua, Pa Kha Sub-district, Tha Wang Pha District, Nan Province.
Ms. Khemporn Wirunraphan, Manager of the Foundation for the Promotion of Children and Youth Media Said that the project brings the concept of a city for everyone (Inclusive City) to be applied in the implementation of the project. which has operations in 3 Priiyatthamma schools in Nan province, namely
- Chiang Klang Pariya Suksa School, Chiang Klang District, in collaboration with the Sub-district Health Hospital Village health volunteers and volunteers developed the activity “Novice Care Giver, community health care provider” taking care of bedridden patients. Creation of art media, making cards and baskets to visit patients Bedridden patient fund and continuing patients at home and the elderly in the community
- Wat Don Mongkol Santisuk Witthaya School, Santisuk District, together with the Hug Muang Nan Party, developed the activity “Dhamma Yatra, Cultivate Faith and Preserve the Environment”, organizing a forest ordination ceremony with the community. There is communication through messages on the forest monk’s cloth that uses natural tie-dye fabric. River Destiny Ceremony tying bamboo to build check dams
- Phrapariyatthamma School, Wat Nikrodharam, Tha Wang Pha District, in collaboration with a community enterprise group, develop activities “Nong Bua-Muang La Brand by Novices”, designing logos on products that respect the diversity of identity inherited from Tai Lue Mueang La, for example: Craft Soda (Luisa) Weaving Ruen Tai Lue Create an economy based on the community.
However, past operations Encourages awareness that the city belongs to everyone. resulting in synergies between various sectors in the community which will lead to community development To be a healthy city for everyone
Read related news: ThaiHealth supports audio reporters for children and families in 10 pilot provinces.
* can press follow and share news from Hfocus news agency at https://www.facebook.com/Hfocus.org
Tags: ThaiHealth Nan associates open forum exchange learn-